Available Employment Opportunities
To apply, please email a resume to email@example.com.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Job Description: Needs to be a career-minded educator with the desire to love, nurture and teach children. At CDA, we utilize the Learning Without Tears curriculum with the support of an SEL program taught by our school counselor. Our ideal candidate must be willing to assist the lead teacher in the classroom, be able to communicate effectively and work in a team environment. We are looking for assistant teachers who are dedicated to supporting our philosophy and mission of providing education that encompasses the “Whole Child” of all ages and developmental stages.
Classroom Management: Supervise and assist lead teacher in implementing our program for your assigned class in accordance with CDA policies and philosophy.
Assist in conducting the curriculum and age-appropriate learning activities as outlined.
Communication and Demeanor: Develop rapport with parents to facilitate the desired relationship for the child’s best interest.
The ability to communicate clearly and appropriately with children, directors, colleagues, and parents.
Maintain professionalism, superior customer service, and confidentiality.
Operations and Compliance: Follow all procedures for compliance, including but not limited to tracking and transitions. Maintain cleanliness of classroom and other areas as assigned.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- HS diploma required; associate degree in early childhood education or related field is, preferred
- 6 months of experience working in a licensed childcare facility
- Must pass background checks
- Obtain and maintain state in-service training requirements
- Must be CPR and first-aid certified
- Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds, and be able to see, hear, and respond to children’s needs, including reaching high, stooping to the child’s level, and sitting on the floor and getting up
- Be able to handle, in a positive way, the demands that contact with many children and parents bring every day
- Bilingual is a plus
Benefits: We believe that we are only as good as our teachers and there for recognize the demand and stress that can come from the early childhood profession. Our benefits include childcare discounts, referral credits and PTO for full-time, vacation leave, eligible employees. We also offer the opportunity for growth and on-the-job training to further your career in early childhood education. Compensation is competitive depending on educational attainment and years of experience.
Full Time: $9-$12 per hour
Country Day Academy Mission
Country Day Academy is a supportive, nurturing environment that recognizes the importance of the early childhood years. We believe that children need to engage in their natural desire of learning by promoting a sense of wonder and curiosity through playful exploration and interaction with the world around them.